SelfRestraint is a cross platform version of Steve Lambert's SelfControl, written in Python. It allows you to block distracting sites for a set amount of time, so you can use your computer and access the internet without having to worry about distracting sites.
SelfRestraint is Free Software under the GPL. You are free to share, modify, and add to the code as you wish.
- Mac version requires password, once to block, once to unblock
- Does not work on Windows
- Quitting means you have to re run the app, and let is finish the countdown
- Add compiled .app and .exe
- Integrate better to use Admin privileges
- Decrease compiled app's size