Welcome to the Software Development Kit for Parrot Drones.
It can be used to write applications which control the latest generation of Parrot Drones:
- Bebop Drone
- Bebop 2
- Rolling Spider
- Airborne Night
- Airborne Cargo
- Jumping Sumo
- Jumping Night
- Jumping Race
- SkyController 2
The SDK provides the source code you need to do everything provided by the freeflight 3 application:
- discover the drones on the network
- connect the drones
- send piloting and camera commands
- configure the drones
- get informations (depends on drones capabilities)
- get H264 video stream on bebop
- get MJpeg video stream on Jumping Sumo
- transfer Photos / videos
- update the drones
- handle Drone Academy / Mavlink files
- and everything which pops out of your mind
The easiest way to control a drone is to create a device controller thanks to the libARController. Samples which use this new API are available : iOS Sample, Android Sample, JumpingSumoSample and BebopSample for Unix.
It's BSD license allows to use, change, distribute with no restriction. Contributions and new feature discussions are highly appreciated.
The latest release version is tagged
ARSDK3_version_3_11_0. This version of the SDK is the one used in the latest versions of FreeFlight Pro and FreeFlight Mini.
It is fully compatible with the versions :
- 3.3.0 and later for the Bebop drone
- 4.0.3 and later for the Bebop 2
- 1.0.11 and later for the Mambo
- 1.0.8 and later for the Swing
- 1.0.3 and later for the Disco
- 1.99.2 for the Rolling Spider
- 2.1.70 for the Airbornes
- 1.99.0 for the Jumping Sumo
- 2.1.53 for the Jumping Sumo Evos
Please read the install documentation
If you have any questions, please open a new DroneSDK topic on the Parrot Developer forum.
You can find samples files. These samples will help you to build the interface between products and controllers. Feel free to use and adapt them to your needs.
Please read the license file.