_____ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _____ ___ _ _ | __ \ | | | | |__ \ | \ | | | | / | __ \ |__ \ | \ | | \ | |__) |_ _| |_ ___ _ __ | |_ ) | | \| | ___| |_ / | |__) | ) | | \| | \ | ___/ _` | __/ _ \ '_ \| __| / / | . ` |/ _ \ __| | | ___/ / / | . ` | | | | | (_| | || __/ | | | |_ / /_ | |\ | __/ |_ \ | | / /_ | |\ | / |_| \__,_|\__\___|_| |_|\__| |____| |_| \_|\___|\__| \ |_| |____| |_| \_| /
[Patent2Net] (http://patent2netv2.vlab4u.info/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=page) is :
- elaborated and maintained (on a free base) by a [small international team] (http://patent2netv2.vlab4u.info/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=about_p2n:community;) of university professors and researchers.
- an "open source" package and contributions are welcome
- available "[as it is] (http://patent2netv2.vlab4u.info/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=about_p2n:disclaimer)".
Patent2Net is a free package, dedicated to :
- augment the use of patent information in academic, nano and small firms, developing countries (all those without pay mode access)
- learn, study and practice how to collect, treat and communicate "textual bibliographic information", and automation process
- provide statistical analysis and representations of a set of patents.
results of statistical patents analysis can be explored as a website with the firefox browserThe
Install Patent2Net python scripts on Windows
To run as python script, see the file install-dev.txt Install Patent2Net on Linux (Fix needed).
See requirements.txt and InstallP2NLinux.txt If you're using Ubuntu or Debian distributions, make sure to have PIP installed:
sudo apt-get install python-pip build-essential python-dev libjpeg-dev libxml2-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng-dev
Then, run the requirements.txt file to install all dependencies:
sudo pip install -r Development/requirements.txt
To use the current Development version, you can make a symbolic link to your desired folder:
ln -sd Development Patent2Net
Use Patent2Net (script mode)
Follow the "Register the use of P2N:" [described here] (http://patent2netv2.vlab4u.info/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=user_manual:download_install;) to install your acreditation in the “cles-epo.txt” file in root directory.
Copy any of the *.cql file from /RequestsSets directory as requete.cql in root directory, and/or adapt the requete.cql to your need.
Use the /Patent2Net/ProcessPy.bat or the /Patent2Net/Process.sh and enjoy!
In our [documentation page] (http://patent2netv2.vlab4u.info/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=page)
Todo List (not limitative, just ideas):
Although Patent2Net is fully operational, works fine and is enough to begin using Patent Information, a lot can be done to improve analysis:
- Correct the issues (continuous process, of course)
- Add some more information in the result html page (ModeleContenuIndex.html). Great to add the treating date (thus can be different from gathering) and P2N version
- As information analysis do not allways represent the whole Patent Universe (i.e. french abstrat) provide the proportion of P.U. concerned by each analysis
- Treat Designated State(s) information for EP and WO patentes to complete the attractivity maps
- Improve the Mindmap option to get it more efficient for creativity (Celso is working on)
- Build the entire network as a gephi file for download to let new combined network analysis possible
- Use the list of standardised applicant names from EPO to normalize nets and tables. See: [CSV datafile] (http://documents.epo.org/projects/babylon/rawdata.nsf/0/71DE2EB24A084A19C1257F3B0032BA98/) Or may be this name standardization routines: https://sites.google.com/site/patentdataproject/Home/posts/namestandardizationroutinesuploaded
Add some new capabilities to Patent2Net, i.e.:
- Within the Patent Universe, build a drawings gallery with hyperlink to the Espacenet patent (Andre is working on)
- Within the Familly Patent Universe, provide all the same analysis as with the Patent Universe (Roberto is working on)
- Include the treatment of the Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) with the proportion of P.U. concerned (http://www.cooperativepatentclassification.org/Archive.html)
- Build a small database to display results of a specific (Familly) Patent Universe. Database could be [PouchDB] (https://pouchdb.com/) or equivalent
Provide some new ways of gathering and analysis of patent information, i.e.:
- Within the Familly Patent Universe, provide a new range of analysis, considering a familly as a unique entity (invention)
- Limit the Familly Patent Universe to the only Priority patents, and provide a complete analysis
- Using citations of the Familly Patent Universe, provide genealogic analysis, especially descendants to try to detect invention fronts.
- Gather research reports when avalaible and provide analysis chains