- Install Java 8 Development Kit
- Clone sourcecode
./mvnw clean installon Unix or
mvnw clean installon Windows
- The target JAR file can be found under target/newsreadr-server.jar
- Install Java 8 Runtime Environment
- Setup a new database by executing
CREATE DATABASE `newsreadr` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
- Create a new folder
- Copy newsreadr-server.jar and application.properties.tpl into the folder
- Rename application.properties.tpl to application.properties, open it with a text editor and configure the database connection
- Start the application by executing
java -jar newsreadr-server.jar
- Start your browser, open http://server:8080 (where server is the name or IP of your computer) and log in with username admin and password password (please change it immediately).
If you want to install newsreadr as a linux service, have a look at section Unix/Linux services of the official Spring Boot documentation.