Simple, yet, flexible redis-backed site/application settings manager. Works with Rails, Sinatra, or just plain old Ruby.
There's so many different options for burger fixins.
require 'burger_fixins' class SiteSettings include BurgerFixins redis_instance Redis.new(:db => 15) setting :bacon, :boolean setting :lettuce_types, :array setting :burger_limit, :integer end SiteSettings.bacon = true SiteSettings.bacon #=> true SiteSettings.lettuce_types = ['iceberg', 'romaine'] SiteSettings.lettuce_types #=> ["iceberg", "romaine"]
- redis/objects is used so you can store complex data types.
- redis/namespace is used so that you can create multiple settings classes (APISettings, SiteSettings, GuestSettings).
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Patrick Tulskie. See LICENSE for details.