Awesome instagram automation! Let the bot Patrik work for you.
- Python 3.6.0
- MongoDB (v3.4.9)
Prepare configuration file
[database] db_host = localhost db_port = 27017 db_name = instabot_acc1 db_collection_users = users db_collection_media = media db_collection_config = config [instagram] username = <value> password = <value>
- Prepare vars-file with definition of variables to be interpolated into template.
- Generate db-init file
invoke generate-db-init --template-file db_init.template.js --var-file prague.vars.json --target-file prague.init.js
- Initialize your Mongo instance. Given our init file is
mongo --host localhost --port 27017 prague.init.js
./bootstrap.py --helpto get help.
- Make sure your .ini configuration is matching name of DB/collections in DB-initialization file
./bootstrap.py --config <path to .ini configuration>
invoke test-localto run tests which are not communicating with Instagram (unit tests and DB integration). This also generated coverage report.
invoke show-coverageto display coverage in browser (for OSX)
invoke test-allto run all tests. Generates coverage.
invoke test-apito run API integration tests.
invoke generate-db-initto generate init DB scripts for production and e2e testing.
invoke init-dbto initialize production database.
- Bot should consider people who have private profiles and follow requests have to be be approved by the user.
- Bot could give multiple likes at once (real-life situation when you open up someone's profile and you like the thumbnails, you take a look at couple of them and give some likes). But keep in mind not to flood a person with likes...liking every single picture over time...