TSOC-ESP8266 is a self contained, Embedded Wi-Fi Module, with integated Li-Po battery control and charging.
TSOC-ESP8266 includes an ESP8266 Wi-Fi module, along with an PCA8575 I/O Expander to provide an additional 16 Input/Output pins for the thingSoC Standard Socket, and a Color RGB LED for USER status, with additonal, individual LEDS for Battery Charger Status and USB Status.
The TSOC-ESP8266 accepts any thingSoC or Mikrobus module, to provide Wi-Fi to "almost anything" as a bridge, including Wi-Fi to RS-232, RS-485, GSM, GPS, BLTE, motor control, analog sensors, and much more.
- Supported by the Arduino IDE
- Wi-Fi and Over the Air Program Upgrade/Download
- thingSoC Compliant Module
- Mikrobus Compatible Module
- ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module 802.11 b/g/n
- RGB Color LED for status
- PCA8575 I/O Expander for 16 additional GPIO lines
- Analog Multiplexor and 3.3 Volt Analog Input Conditioning
- Integrated 3.7 Volt Li-Po Battery Input and Charger
- Integrated USB programming Interface, supporting the NodeMCU programming protocol
- High Speed (1mB) USB Upload Capability
- USB 2.1 BCD-Battery Charger Detect Protocol Compatibility
- Arduino IDE Board Manager Support
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Internal Antenna and U.FL external Antenna Support
3D Model (Sketchup)
- 01/10/2016 : First Prototypes Completed (Rev 1.0)
- 01/15/2016 : Functional Testing Completed, first Arduino Board file tested