/r/visualnovels Battle Royale
A Dies Irae /r/visualnovels contest entry.
Basically a very basic proof-of-concept Disgaea/Fire Emblem/Dofus-like game featuring visual novel characters. Made from scratch in Inferno (a React-like view library) in ~10-15 hours of actual work.
I probably put way too much effort into it, but this was fun to do and let me explore the possibilities of inplementing a game engine and UI in a React-like environment!
All shamelessly-used, copyrighted assets belong to their respectful owners and I claim no right on them, nor on this project which is unlicensed.
Latest node version (>= v8) is recommended.
npm install, then
npm start should open a browser page to
TODO (and will probably never be done)
(more of a what if I had more time list of features)
- Add loss condition (HP == 0) (Yep. Characters basically can't die in the current version)
- Add win condition (Everyone has lost)
- Add ability/ultimate dialogs
- Add music
- Add music change on ultimate
- Add basic AI
- Add attack/ability/ultimate custom animations
- Make music loop seamlessly
- Add SFX
- Add short voice lines
- Add random background changes
- Improve music quality