Visual Black Box (VBB)
What is Visual Black Box?
This project enables quick, easy and free implementation of real-time data visualizations (example: real-time line graphs) in a web browser consumable way. Let's get right to the gist of it...
If you can create a .TSV (tab-separated values) file that looks something like this:
date close0 close1 close2 5-May-12 483.10 823.4 582 4-May-12 728.88 458 822 3-May-12 612.17 721 624 2-May-12 582.13 621 442
... then you can create web browser-enabled data visualizations that look like the examples shown on the following web page in just minutes using the built-in VBB GUI widgets:
- Creates a small/fast Node.js web server to serve data visualizations to web browsers
- Uses cutting edge data visualization libraries like D3.js
- Data visualizations are SVG-based and thus are infinitely scalable to meet dashboard needs
- Real-time data enabled by server data push (Socket.IO web sockets) to the web browser client
- Server data pushes are multicasted to all listeners
- Open source! Apache 2.0 license.
- Platform agnostic - This has run on Linux, Macs and Windows with no issues
- Pluggable architecture which will enable future seamless upgrades such as .CSV/.JSON input data formats, more d3-based data visualization widgets
- Easy configuration through JSON or TSV files, no need for code changes
- Big data real-time visualization
- Hackathons - Create professional GUIs to demonstrate your project results quickly, especially when under a time crunch!
- Monitor CPU, memory, disk, etc resources remotely in just minutes
- Create your own dashboard using many frames of resizable data visualizations
Please read the INSTALL.txt document for instructions on how to quickly set up VBB and a demo on your own system.
More guides will be added soon that describe configuration, software interfaces and project architecture.