- Find an image that is as close as possible to a perfect top-down angle,
- GIMP: use the perspective tool to make any necessary adjustments,
- Photoshop: use the camera raw (
shift + ctrl + a) perspective tool (
'shift + t) to make any necessary adjustments,
- White background is preferred for best cutout quality, but if not available just cut them out best as possible
- Isolate the pedal on a transparent background (do not cut off jacks or switches):
- GIMP: open file, select magic wand tool and click background, Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel, then Layer > Transparency > Color to Alpha, and finally Ok in the dialog prompt.
- Photoshop: open file, select magic wand tool (can help to adjust the tolerance to 12-18) and click background, Layer > Layer Mask > Hide Selection
- You can also use https://onlinepngtools.com/create-transparent-png
- Crop the image to non-transparent pixels:
- Gimp: Image > Crop to Content,
- Photoshop: Image > Trim > Transparent Pixels.
- Save to two places with the following guidelines:
/app/images/pedals- Save for Web as PNG-24, make width 800px or less (don't enlarge original image though)
/public/images/pedals- Save for web as PNG-24, make width 350px or less
- Please make sure file names use all lower-case letters and no spaces
- Add the dimensions of the pedals you add to
- Input dimensions in inches, with decimals (rounding to nearest hundredth)
- Dimensions recorded should include any jacks and protrusions, otherwise your pedal may appear elongated or squished,
- If you have an official measurement for the side that has no protrusions, you can find the actual measurement of the side with jacks with just a bit of algebra:
((a / b) * y) = x a = length of side in image with jacks in pixels b = length of side in image without jacks in pixels y = official measurement of side without jacks in inches
- To find the dimensions of your png:
shift + s
ctrl + i
- Install node v10, bower, and gulp
- Install dependencies via
- Install client-side libraries via
- Compile assets and watch for changes via
- Start the local server via
npm run serve. This will open a browser tab for you at localhost:8080.
Under MacOS Mojave:
- brew install node@10 bower
- sudo npm install gulp-cli -g;
- sudo npm rebuild node-sass -g
- sudo npm install sharp -g;
- sudo npm install http-server -g
If there is a pedal you're looking for, feel free to log an issue. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- New releases from all popular builders are added automatically. There is no need to make a request for those.
- Double check to see if the pedal isn't already in the database.
- Also check to see if the pedal hasn't already been included in a pending pull by one of our contributors.
- We're sorry, but please no requests for alternate colorways.
- Include a high resolution image of the pedal (top-down view, preferably white background, straight on perspective)
- Include the dimensions of the pedal in inches (make sure the dimensions are accurate and include jacks and other protrusions)
- Post one issue for each pedal you're requesting and do not bump/repost open issues
- Please remain patient!! Even if your request is marked to be closed it can still sometimes take several weeks for updates to get pulled into the main project.