An open source blogging platform written in Perl. pearlbee.org
You can try it for yourself! All you need is a Unix-based system and a few dependencies installed.
- Authen::Captcha ( needs GD, which neeeds libgd2-xpm-dev package : 'yum install libgd2-xpm-dev', 'yum install gd-devel', 'yum install gd')
- XML::Simple ( needs libxml : 'yum install libxml2', 'yum install libxml2-devel')
- DBD::mysql and libmysqlclient-dev
- You will need a MySQL/MariaDB server for the blog's database.
- You will need a SMTP Server for sending messages. Email are sent automatically by PearlBee in different scenarios like adding a new user
Installing / Updating perl modules
or, if cpanm is available (App::cpanminus on CPAN) run
cpanm --installdeps .
in the folder where PearlBee was checked out and the Makefile.PL is.
You'll need to have installed and running either MySQL or MariaDB. Update the file db_patches/create_tables.sql, replacing 'username' and 'password' with the credentials you'd like the PearlBee system to use. Add these same credentials to the user and pass sections in config.yml.
At the terminal from the root application directory, run this command:
mysql -u root -p < pearlbee/db_patches/create_tables.sql
An alternative way of setting up the db is by running this command:
mysql -u root -p < pearlbee/db_patches/set_up_new_db.sql
That's it, now from within the root directory run the following command:
plackup -R lib/ bin/app.pl
And your blog is now running!
Once you have started your web server. Open your browser and go to the url http:://:5000/admin Use the default login / password to enter, you should change them before starting using the blog! via "My Account -> Profile".
http://127.0.0.1:5000/admin/ user: admin password: password
PearlBee in news
Is PearlBee Perl's next great blogging platform? -Perl Tricks
Thank you for using PearlBee!