Questions and tips to find the good company as a web developer
To know more, see my article on my blog
Before the interview
- If there are coding tests, how long do they take?
- Can I do the coding tests on a computer?
- If everything goes well, can I do a trial day in your company?
During the interview
- What would my immediate responsibilities be?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- Do you feel there are any skills currently lacking on the team?
- Are you writing unit tests and/or functional tests for your softwares?
- What do you think about TDD?
- What do you think about pair programming?
- Do you do Pull requests?
- Do you have product managers? Are they product owners as well?
- Do you write documentation?
- Do you have a QA team?
- Are developers usually working alone on their own project?
- Do you use Continuous Integration?
- How does the QA team is testing? Manually? Using automated tests?
- Is home office authorized? Under what conditions?
- What about the work hours? Are they flexible?
- Who decides the deadlines? How?
- How do you define a senior developer?
- How do you do to know if a developer is productive and valuable for the company?
- How do you take feedback for you clients?
- What the biggest challenges your business face?
- I saw you are using
- Can we choose to work with MacOs, Linux or Windows? Do you impose the OS/tools we work with?
- What the balance between firefighting and project work?
To ask to the IT team
- What the most interesting thing you worked on?
- What would you change in this company?
After the interview
- Can I visit the offices?
- Give feedback about the interview via Email
- Ask for feedback via Email