A lightweight comments widget built on GitHub issues. Use GitHub issues for blog comments, wiki pages and more!
- Open source.
- No tracking, no ads, always free.
- No lock-in. All data stored in GitHub issues.
- Styled with Primer, the css toolkit that powers GitHub.
how it works
When Utterances loads, the GitHub issue search API is used to find the issue associated with the page based on
title. If we cannot find an issue that matches the page, no problem, utterances-bot will automatically create an issue the first time someone comments.
To comment, users must authorize the utterances app to post on their behalf using the GitHub OAuth flow. Alternatively, users can comment on the GitHub issue directly.
sites using utterances
- Haxe documentation and cookbook
- Den by Default
- Mapping thoughts to language
- Anton Medvedev
- rain-1's scheme coding blog
- jlelse Writes
- Dev All The Things
- Melvin Vivas tech blog
- Introduction to Theoretical Computer Science
Are you using utterances? Add your site to the list!