=== Phoenix Folding@Home Stats === Contributors: jamesjonesphoenix Tags: folding, stanford, folding at home, folding@home, stats, sidebar, widget, shortcode, table Donate link: https://www.phoenixwebdev.com.au/ Requires at least: 4.6 Tested up to: 4.7 Stable tag: 1.0.2 License: GPLv2 or later License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
This plugin allows you to display Folding@Home Stats for you or your team in a shortcode or widget.
== Description ==
This plugin retrieves stats from the Folding@Home API and displays them on your WordPress Website. You can display stats for your donor account or for a Folding team. You can show the stats in your sidebar as a widget or in your content area as a shortcode. The following stats are shown:
- Work units.
- Total credit in points.
- Date you completed the last work unit.
- Teams you are a member of/Donors who contribute to your team.
It takes less than a minute to setup. All you need is your donor or team ID. The stats are displayed as a HTML table.
= What is Folding@Home? =
Folding@home is a project run by Stanford University which allows anyone to assist with disease research by donating their unused computer processing power. Your processing power is used to simulate protein folding, a process whereby proteins assemble themselves into tools which your body can use. Joining in is a doddle; simply download the F@H software to get started. Find out more at the Folding@Home website.
You can see an example at https://www.phoenixwebdev.com.au/display-folding-at-home-stats-wordpress-plugin/ which is also our announcement post.
== Installation ==
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly. More detailed instructions for this step at https://www.phoenixwebdev.com.au/display-folding-at-home-stats-wordpress-plugin/
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' screen in WordPress.
- To display the stats as a widget to to the Appearance->Widgets screen and add the widget 'Folding at Home' to a widget area.
- To display the stats within a post or page, enter the post/page editing screen and add the shortcode.
=Get Donor name or Team ID=
Learn how to get your id here.
If you uninstall this plugin, any stats the plugin recorded to your database will be deleted. No muck will be left behind.
== Shortcode ==
Display the shortcode in your content by writing [phoenix_folding_stats] in the post/page editing area.
type- The type of table to display. Set to either 'team' or 'donor'. Defaults to 'team'.
id- Your donor or team id. If displaying a team table, this must be your team number. If displaying a donor table this can be your donor name or numerical id. Defaults to 1.
class- CSS class to add to the HTML table. This can help with custom styling or getting the style in line with other theme tables. Defaults to empty.
show_donor_teams- On a donor table, show or hide the teams the donor is a member of. Set as 'false' or 'no' to hide. Defaults to 'yes'.
show_donor_teams- On a team table, show or hide the donors that contribute to the team. Set as 'false' or 'no' to hide. Defaults to 'yes'.
show_id- Show a table row with numerical id. Defaults to 'false'.
show_logo- Show F@H arrows just after the table header. Set as 'false' or 'no' to hide. Defaults to 'yes'.
show_tagline- Show very short spiel about F@H at the bottom of the table. Set as 'false' or 'no' to hide. Defaults to 'yes'.
An example of a shortcode with all these paramaters in use:
[phoenix_folding_stats type="donor" class="table table-striped" show_id="yes" show_donor_teams="yes" id="James_Jones" show_logo="no" show_tagline="yes"]
== Making Changes ==
- If you just want to change how something looks, the table elements are full of classes you can target with CSS. The plugin itself includes a small amount of CSS which you can easily overwrite.
- I've sprinkled in some WordPress filters so you can change things.
- You can overwrite the templates in the plugin by adding your own templates in your theme. Create a folder in your theme called
phoenix-folding-at-home-statsand add templates in there. So for example if you want to overwrite the donor table, you would create a PHP file -
wp-content/themes/yourtheme/phoenix-folding-at-home-stats/donor.phpand make your own table in there.
- Contact me at the support forums or our website with your desired change. If it's good I will probably add it in.
== Frequently Asked Questions == = Does it cost money? =
No. The plugin is free. The Folding@Home software is free. The only real cost is electricity usage while your computer processes calculations.
= Does it really make a difference? =
== Screenshots ==
- Folding@Home widget editing meta box
- Folding stats donor content table on our website
- Folding stats donor widget on default 2016 theme
- Folding stats team widget on default 2016 theme
- Folding stats donor content on default 2015 theme
- Folding stats team widget on default 2015 theme
- Folding stats team content table on our website
== Changelog == = 1.0.2 = 02/12/2016
- fixed: enqueues style when widget and no shortcode present
- fixed: version numbers in base plugin file added to cooperate with wordpress.org madness
= 1.0.1 = 01/12/2016
- fixed: (top x of y) message was showing incorrectly
- fixed: empty table row for donor table with single team
- fixed: 'team ranking' to 'donor ranking' on donor table
- improved: readme.txt
= 1.0 = 28/11/2016
- Initial Release
== Upgrade Notice == = 1.0.1 = small bug fixes
= 1.0 = Initial Release