Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Important: This version drops support for Python 2.7. Python 2.7 is approaching end of life and we have no resources to keep supporting it. If you need to run Python 2.7, you can keep using phconvert 0.8.2 or you can pay a developer to support it.
This version improves supports for loading PicoQuant files:
- Added support for decoding
- Improvements in metadata decoding of HT3 and PT3 files
- Loading of ns-ALEX measurement from PTU, HT3 or PT3 files now can be done with a single function (
Release sponsored by Prof. Eitan Lerner
Minor release with improved file validation.
- More stringent validation checks (commit d463b42)
- Add subpackage
phconvert.v04to load and validate Photon-HDF5 v0.4
- Fix validation with
strict_description = False. Before this change
descriptions checks were not disabled completely when using
strict_description = False.
- Check that arrays in
/photon_dataare strictly 1D (commit 2dde57b).
This is a major release of phconvert that adds support for Photon-HDF5 v0.5 and for more input file formats (Picoquant PT3. and .T3R). Many thanks to @biswajitSM for contributing the PT3/T3R feature.
To install or update phconvert use:
conda install phconvert -c conda-forge
NOTE: You can also install phconvert from PyPI.
Note that phconvert 0.8+ will save only Photon-HDF5 v0.5. If you need to save the old Photon-HDF5 v0.4 format, you can use phconvert 0.7.x. The 0.7 branch will receive only critical bug fixes.
Photon-HDF5 version 0.5: This release of phconvert will read an save the new Photon-HDF5 version 0.5. Note that Photon-HDF5 v0.5 is still in "release candidate" stage (rc1). Minor modifications to the format are still possible (but at this point unlikely) before the final 0.5 specs release. You can read in the docs what changed in Photon-HDF5 v0.5. Note that despite being "release candidate", the new Photon-HDF5 v0.5 has already been used to publish data of at least 3 publications in 2017.
PicoQuant PT3 T3R files: We added support for reading T3R files and improved PT3 support. New example notebooks show how to convert ns-ALEX/PIE files saved in PT3 or T3R files to Photon-HDF5.
- Add support for PicoQuant PTU files (for the following t3records formats: rtPicoHarpT3, rtHydraHarp2T3, rtTimeHarp260NT3, rtTimeHarp260PT3)
- Add unit test for pqreader.py module
pqreader's unit tests on CI services (AppVeyor and TravisCI)
- Add support for reading Becker & Hickl SPC from SPC-134/144/154/830
- Documentation fixes
- From now on conda packages will be built and hosted by conda-forge. As a results you can install phconvert with
conda install phconvert -c conda-forge.
Many thanks to @lampo808 for adding the SPC support!
- Improved reader for Becker & Hickl SPC files, now more metadata is automatically retrieved.
- Add support for decoding PicoQuant PT3 files
- Add support for Continuous Integration. phconvert notebooks are now automatically executed on each commit on windows (AppVeyor) and linux (Travis CI) on python 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5.
Small fixes and improvements: