Anycubic Photon Owner's Documentation
Use this repository to collect information on the Anycubic Photon LCD resin printer's hardware, software and usage.
Table of Contents
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Known issues
- Photon technical specifications
- Photon file image format
- Photon slicing software
- Community resin exposure settings
- Community projects
- Social media groups
- Models & resources
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Check the FAQ page before asking questions! You may find the answers to all your questions regarding setting up your Photon, to post processing your prints, already in the FAQ.
There are several known issues with the Photon hardware and software. Check the known issues page for details, solutions and workarounds.
Photon technical specifications
- Machine Volume: 220(L)x200(W)x400(H)
- Print Volume: 115(L)x65(W)x155(H)
- RGB 5.5 MIPI_DSI 2K LCD screen (Sharp LS055R1SX03)
- 68.04(W)mm x 120.96(H)mm (5.46")
- XY resolution: 47.25µ (0.04725mm)
- Color Pixel Arrangement:RGB Vertical Stripe
- Power Supply Voltage:AVDD=5.5+/-0.1V AVEE=-5.5+/-0.1 V
Motion driver / mechanics
- T8 leadscrew with 2mm lead/pitch
- Nema 17 Motor 1.8º 200steps/rev
- Driver embeded Polulu Alegro 4998 set at 1/16 microstepping
- Hardware resolution 10µ (0.01mm)
- Digital microstepped resolution 0.625µ (0.000625mm) - Advised reading: Microstepping Myths and Realities
- LED power 25W 405nm
- PSU 12v 6A (72w) - 5.5 x 2.5mm Jack - check image
Photon file image format
- Black and White
- RLE 7bit encoding
- 538 dpi (537.566 dpi)
Firmware & Configuration files
- Photon official firmware & default gcode (including unofficial releases and gcode mods). Use at own risk.
Photon slicing software
Go to this page and click on the icon as shown below to display the latest official ANYCUBIC Photon Slicer software downloads.
Chitu Slicer (ANYCUBIC is rebranded Chitu)
Chitu devs have been helping Photonster devs with some support questions, and Chitu's new software release will allow for better integration of Photonsters tools with the slicer software, and will support many new formats including zip/gcode import/export.
Chitubox (New Slicer for the photon from the same makers of ChituDLP)
New software that integrates code and ideas first seen in the community projects VoxelOps, Validator, Rob's 3D photon Viewer and Photon File Editor Project
Photon Open Slicer (Community developed OpenSource Slicer)
A independent command line Slicer from Photonsters, that can be integrated with MeshMixer or any other software capable of outputting a STL file.
Some of the slicers that are available to date.
Community resin exposure settings
- Known good resin settings - Curated by Artur Fuste.
- Also check the resin exposure finder test under community projects below.
Community resin precision gauge test
Resin Precision-Fit Test-Gauge - This is for resin as tested with no software profile/compensation. Dimensions can be corrected by activating the horizontal-size compensation feature in your slicing software. If you don't have this feature, please contact your slicer developer.
Printed material torsion test results
Torsion Test Results - 3D printed material comparison by torsion testing.
- Resin Exposure Range Finder - Quick method to test multiple resin exposure settings in one go (X3msnake)
- Photon File Validator - Check if your sliced file has errors before printing (Bonosoft)
- Photon File Utils - PFE - Photon file visualizer editor and creator tools (NardJ)
- PCB2Photon - Swift Gerber image to Photon for PCB mask burning and production (Reunarudo)
- Photon Go - Library to read and write Photon and .cbddlp files (Andoryuuta)
- UV light distribution tester
- Photon Open Slicer - POS - Meshmixer Plugin - (NardJ)
- Voxel Ops - Voxel tools to dilate, erode, hollow, project and mesure (Antharon)
User mods (on facebook)
- Cheap and easy Heater, PTC Fan and temperature controller
- PTC Heater and temperature controll V2
- Printed Universal resin drainer
- Gangsta resin drainers 1, 2
- Red & Black Acrilic windows with cad files
- Using photon with a external Driver module
Social media groups
- FB Anycubic Owners Group
- ANYCUBIC Photon Forum - Managed by official distributor PT
- Twitter #AnycubicPhoton
Models & resources
Use these resources to test how your Photon is printing, and to remove guesswork from calculating resin exposure times.
- X3msnake's Resin Exposure Range Finder
- ANYCUBIC Photon calibration file By Ilja
- Photon LCD mask Boundary Checker - A printable test for your mask boundaries, which may vary from printer to printer.
- Bed of nails UV coverage test - A quick test print to check for even UV coverage of your build plate. Useful for full plate prints or models placed close to edges.
- Z Wobble quick test - A quick test for Z wobble, or other planar surface anomalies.
Tutorials, videos, tips & tricks
- Photonsters Youtube Channel
- Troubleshooting DLP Prints
- Supports created with Meshmixer
- How supports work
- 2018 - Resin Casting: A Collection of Hypotheses
- How to use Netfabb supports with LCD printers
- Videos for the Photonsters Youtube Channel
- Map Photon hardware
- Map Photon file anatomy
- How-to test resins
- How-to level
- How-to use external Stepper driver
- Create Repo with resins and community consensus resin test method check this page
- List official slicers and alternative/usefull software
- Collect config files and firmware from Google group
- Collect community reversed Photon CAD parts
- List community software projects and tools for the Photon