Demo Code for HHLib Programming Library for HydraHarp 400
Latest version Version 22.214.171.124 PicoQuant GmbH - March 2019
Get the latest install here: https://www.picoquant.com/dl_software/HydraHarp400/HydraHarp400_SW_and_DLL_v3_0_0_2.zip
The HydraHarp 400 is a TCSPC and time tagging system with USB interface. The system requires a 686 class PC with USB 2.0/3.0 host controller, 4 GB of memory and at least a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU. The HydraHarp software is supported under Windows 8.1 and 10. Windows 7 should still work but is no longer actively tested or supported.
PicoQuant GmbH disclaims all warranties with regard to this software and associated documentation including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no case shall PicoQuant GmbH be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages or any material or immaterial damages whatsoever resulting from loss of data, time or profits arising from use or performance of this software.
License and Copyright Notice
With the HydraHarp hardware product you have purchased a license to use the HydraHarp software. You have not purchased other rights to the software. The software is protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. You may not distribute the software to third parties or reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software or part thereof. You may use and modify demo code to create your own software. Original or modified demo code may be re-distributed, provided that the original disclaimer and copyright notes are not removed from it. Copyright of the manual and on-line documentation belongs to PicoQuant GmbH. No parts of it may be reproduced, translated or transferred to third parties without written permission of PicoQuant GmbH.
HydraHarp, PicoHarp, TimeHarp and NanoHarp are registered trademarks of PicoQuant GmbH. Other products and corporate names appearing in the product manuals or in the online documentation may or may not be registered trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners. They are used only for identification or explanation and to the owners benefit, without intent to infringe.
What's new in this Version 126.96.36.199
Version 188.8.131.52 is a bugfix release addressing the following issues:
- Fixes a firmware bug in continuous mode where the hardware controlled start of a measurement did not work properly in repetition.
- Fixes the elapsed time in TTTR mode (rolling over modulo 24h).
- Fixes a data pointer time overflow.
- Fixes the control panel where invalid input was not rejected.
- Fixes the acquisition offset (1 ns steps now also in T3-Mode, extended range of 500000 ns).
- Fixes the handling of legacy TTTR mode files.
- Provides several corrections in file demos, manual and help
- Provides new file demos for Python.
- Improves the support information dialog.
- Provides an updated device driver v2.13 (note: secure boot is not supported).
- Supports Windows 10 and 8.1, Windows 7 still works but is no longer actively supported/tested.
Please read the notes for version 2.0 below if you are upgrading from a software version prior to 2.0!
What's new in this Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixes an incompatibility with USB 3.0 ports of Intel Z97 chipsets.
- Fixes some minor bugs in file content and user interface.
- Provides bugfixed file demos for LabVIEW
- Provides an updated device driver to meet new Windows driver signing requirements (XP and Vista are no longer supported).
- Please read the notes for version 2.0 below if you are upgrading from a software version prior to 2.0!
What's new in this Version 3.0
Version 3.0 is an improvement release that supersedes versions 2.x. Please upgrade if you installed version 2.x. If you are still using version 1.x, please read the following notes carefully.
What's new in version 2.0 versus 1.2
- Supports HydraHarp devices with USB 3.0 interface
- Supports time bin widths of up to 33.5 µs and histogram time spans up to 2.2 seconds.
- Supports compressed TTTR overflow records for file size reduction at low count rates.
- Fixes some minor bugs.
- NOTE 1: Version 2.0 requires a firmware update of the HydraHarp device. The HydraHarp software can perform this update when it is first started.
- NOTE 2: This version has a new TTTR data format.
IMPORTANT! The firmware update requirement has consequences that you must observe:
- Once the update is performed you will no longer be able to use any HydraHarp software prior to version 2.0.
- Custom software you may have written for file import will require minor adaptions for version 2.0.
- You will no longer be able to use custom software based on HHLib.dll prior to version 2.0.
- Custom DLL-based software you may have written will require minor adaptions for version 2.0.
- In case of a power failure or computer crash during the update the device may become in-operational.
- Reverting to old firmware or repairing a disrupted update requires a return to factory and may incur costs.
Before installation, make sure to backup any work you kept in previous installation directories and uninstall any older versions of HHLib. The HHLib package can be distributed on CD, via download or via email. The setup distribution file is setup.exe. If you received the package via download or email, it may be packed in a zip-file. Unzip that file and place the distribution setup file in a temporary disk folder. Start the installation by running setup.exe before connecting the HydraHarp device.
The setup program will install the programming library including manual, and programming demos. Note that the demos create output files and must have write access in the folder where you run them. This may not be the case in the default installation folder. If need be, please adjust the acces permissions or copy the demos to a suitable folder.
Before uninstalling the HHLib package, please backup your measurement data and custom programs. From the start menu select: PicoQuant - HydraHarp-HHLib v2.x > uninstall. Alternatively you can use the Control Panel Wizard 'Add/Remove Programs' (in some Windows versions this Wizard is called 'Software')
Contact and Support
Rudower Chaussee 29
12489 Berlin, Germany
Phone +49 30 6392 6929
Fax +49 30 6392 6561