Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
obj = GHI_Comm() obj.function()
- This is a string used to identify a command sent for processing by a function.
- When the prefix is received it will execute this function.
Send(prio, target, prefix, ...)
- This is a string that states the priority of the message. Normally it should be set to "NORMAL".
- This is the intended recipient of the addon message.
- This is the prefix string being sent to trigger a function.
- These are additional arguments to be passed when sending.
local pinger = function(name)
print(name.." pinged you.")
local pingComm = GHI_Comm()
local name = UnitName("player")
local targ = UnitName("target")
pingComm.Send("NORMAL", targ , "PING", name)
This script acts as a sender and receiver for pinging a target. You can test it on yourself by targeting yourself and using the item.