Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
GHI_SendChatMessage(text, chatType, language, channel, delay[, evtManualItemGuid])
GHI_SendChatMessage has 1 required argument and 5 optional arguments.
- The message to be sent.
- chatType [optional]
- This is the type of chat being done. if none is specified it defaults to SAY. You can find reference for this at www.wowprogramming.com[http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/SendChatMessage]
- language [optional]
- This is the language the message is to be spoken in. If none is specified it defaults to the faction language.
- channel [optional]
- This is the channel to send the message to or the target of a whisper.
- delay [optional]
- This is a delay between use and the chat message being sent, measured in seconds.
- evtManualItemGuid [optional]
- If you wish the item to use another item as the target for the %L variable then enter it here.
local message = "Run Away! The %L is about to explode."
GHI_SendChatMessage(message, "RAID_WARNING", "Gnomish", nil, 5)
This script announces to the raid, in Gnomish, that the item is about to explode