- Ensure that all bugs targeted for the next
release have been fixed.
- Pull in the updated translations from
- Update the list of contributors (Pinta/Dialogs/AboutDialog.cs).
- Ensure that the copyright year in the About Dialog is up to date.
- Create a release branch (e.g.
release-1.4) so that development may continue on the master branch.
- Create builds for each platform:
make dist and
- OS X:
- Windows: Build the Windows installer using Wix/PintaWix.sln.
- Ubuntu: TODO
- Write release notes, including a list of bug fixes, new features, and any changes to dependencies that may affect distro packages.
- Add an entry and upload files to the releases page, and also update the stable PPA.
- Add the new release to the add-in repository.
- Update the website.
- Send an announcement to the mailing list.
- Create a tag for the release. This should be done automatically when the draft release (https://github.com/PintaProject/Pinta/releases) is published.
- Bump version numbers for the next round of development (example).