Rust Image Release Notes
Rust image aims to be a pure-Rust implementation of various popular image formats. Accompanying reading/write support, rust image provides basic imaging processing function. See
README.md for further details.
- Interlaced (progressive) or animated images are not well supported.
- Images with n bit/channel (n ≠ 8) are not well supported.
- Updated README to use
- Removed outdated version number from CHANGES
- Compiles now with wasm-unknown-emscripten target
- Updated README with a more colorful example for the Julia fractal
- Use Rust 1.24.1 as minimum supported version
- Support for loading GIF frames one at a time with
- The TGA decoder now recognizes 32 bpp as RGBA(8)
- Added release test script
- Removed unsafe code blocks several places
- Fixed overlay overflow bug issues with documented proofs
- Clippy lint pass
- Updated num-rational dependency
- Added BGRA and BGR color types
- Improved performance of image resizing
- Improved PBM decoding
- PNM P4 decoding now returns bits instead of bytes
- Fixed move of overlapping buffers in BMP decoder
- Fixed some document comments
GenericImageViewis now object-safe
- Moved TIFF code to its own library
- Fixed README examples
- Fixed ordering of interpolated parameters in TIFF decode error string
- Thumbnail now handles upscaling
- GIF encoding for multiple frames
- Improved subimages API
- Cargo fmt fixes
- Fixed panic when blending with alpha zero.
- Consistent size calculation.
- Fixed bug in
- Use deprecated attribute for
- Fixed bug in JPEG grayscale encoding.
- Fixed multi image TIFF.
- PNM encoder.
into_framesimplementation for GIF.
- Made rayon an optional dependency.
- Fixed issue where resizing image did not give exact width/height.
- Improved downscale.
- Added a way to expose options when saving files.
- Fixed some compiler warnings.
- Switched to lzw crate instead of using built-in version.
ExactSizeIteratorimplementations to buffer structs.
- DXT encoding support.
- Applied clippy suggestions.
- Various improvements.
- Additional supported image formats (BMP and ICO).
- GIF and PNG codec moved into separate crates.
- Support for interlaced PNG images.
- Writing support for GIF images (full color and paletted).
- Color quantizer that converts 32bit images to paletted including the alpha channel.
- Initial support for reading TGA images.
- Reading support for TIFF images (packbits and FAX compression not supported).
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Initial release
- Basic reading support for png, jpeg, gif, ppm and webp.
- Basic writing support for png and jpeg.
- A collection of basic imaging processing function like