Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
This wiki contains information specific to my fork. For general Diaspora information, see the wiki of Diaspora Inc's fork. If you're a developer or a podmin, see the Technical Documentation. There's also this FAQ about my fork, and a List of Pods Running This Code. Infos for Users about Pod-Features are also available.
If you have questions or comments about my fork, you may contact me via Diaspora. My Diaspora ID is "pistos aet diasp0ra.ca" (change " aet " to @).
Features and Fixes
These features and fixes have been developed independently of the main line of Diaspora development.
- Interpod chat
- Various adjustments to text which improve the user experience, especially for inexperienced users
- Post preview
- A link (in edit profile) to view your own profile as it appears to others
- Get a hint of a post by hovering over its link in the Notification list.
- The reshare link is always "reshare" or "reshare original"; it doesn't change to "n reshares". The number of reshares is shown elsewhere on the post
- URLs of third-party URL shorteners are automatically expanded by the server, protecting users from click tracking. Hover to see the destination URL.
- Plain URLs are visually shortened to just the domain. Hover to see full URL.
- Some changes for pod neutrality (removal of some joindiaspora-specific things).
- Comments of ignored users are also hidden.
- Reshares of ignored users' posts are also hidden.
- No notifications about ignored users.
- Federation destination lists: Micropods can designate other pods as destinations for their own local public posts to get federated, thereby increasing reach and engagement.
- Tag filtering. Filter out posts containing specific hashtags.
- Soundcloud embedding fixed. (issue 2488)
- No "show more" when viewing single post.
- Contact list import.
- Mark notification unread.
- Comment preview.
- Comment on and Like remote public posts (despite lack of contact relationship)
- Show next few comments (instead of all of them at once)
- Pod-only post scope
- Post and comment searching
- Basic groups
- Hashtag trending. Lists of the most popular recent hashtags, and new trending hashtags. PostgreSQL only.
- Post and comment search (own posts).
- Notification for comment Likes.
- Chat (podmates only)
(things which are not broken in this fork, but were broken elsewhere)
- Like-ing comments
- Source indicators (whether a post is being shown because of aspects, followed tags, etc.)
- Markdown works
- Classic layout for post pages
- Internet Explorer compatibility
- Hashtag trending for MySQL.
- Censor (bad) users
- Partial account import. Phase 1: contact list (DONE). Phase 2: photos. Phase 3: profile
- Reshare to Facebook
- Reshare to Twitter
- Editing posts
- Editing comments
- Additional profile fields (e.g. public GPG key)
- End-to-end encryption (E2EE)
- Mobile: Notifications page
- Mobile: distinguish Likes from Comments