A lightweight jQuery plugin for making text input fields grow and shrink dynamically while typing.
Compatible with jQuery 1.7.0+ in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer 7+. No dependencies except the jQuery library. Released under the MIT License: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
This plugin was developed by and for Pixabay.com - an international repository for sharing free public domain images. It is based on a Stackoverflow answer by James Padolsey. We have implemented this plugin in production and we share this piece of software - in the spirit of Pixabay - freely with others.
Demo and Documentation
- Autosizes text input fields dynamically while typing
- Set maxWidth and minWidth
- May be used in responsive designs
Version 1.0.3 - 2015/10/29
- Fixed #10: Take textTransform CSS property into account
Version 1.0.2 - 2015/10/12
- Merged #7: Prevent creation of shadow input element on each plugin invocation
Version 1.0.1 - 2015/10/04
- Fixed #6: jQuery input:text selector ignores text based html5 inputs
Version 1.0.0 - 2014/12/17
- Initial release