Dave's Vim Configuration
The configuration uses Vundle.
I put effort in making sure all plugins play nicely and are consistent indepenedent of language.
Please let me know if there's a must have that I haven't found.
Prerequisites: ruby, git, vim compiled with Ruby and Python.
git clonevundle and put it in the bundle directory
- Move your existing configuration somewhere else:
mv ~/.vim* ~/.gvim* my_backup
- Clone this repo into ".vim":
git clone https://github.com/Pliny/vimfiles.git ~/.vim
- Go into ".vim" and run "rake":
cd ~/.vim && rake
This will install "~/.vimrc" and "~/.gvimrc" symlinks that point to files inside the ".vim" directory.
- 2 spaces, no tabs
- incremental, case-insensitive search
- 'Leader' character mapped to "," (comma)
,fopens file search via :CommandT plugin
,,switches between two last buffers
<C-j/k/h/l>switches between windows (no need to prepend
- cursor keys for movement disabled!
- run rspec tests in editor
- handy autocomplete features for brackets and blocks
<M-l/h>pushes/pops the tag stack
- Different color schemes for different languages
- Basic shell support
,htoggles between source and header files