Hydroxide - HTML5 Canvas Game Engine
Why is it awesome?
Hydroxide is a threaded, simple and out-of-your-way game framework for the HTML5 Canvas.
Its small, easy-to-use and keeps you free to do whatever the heck you want.
The source code is extremely well documented and easy to understand.
Check out examples/ and docs/ to learn more.
The examples/clickr/ is currently the most full featured example, but, docs/ will get you started much faster.
jQuery is a dependency!
- Awesome docs - We document a ton and comment everything else
- Object-based everything - you link in objects into the engine
- Event based - the engine fire events that your objects can catch
- Collision detection - Detect when a collision occurs, and get an event fired
- State machine - read and write states of the engine
- Keyboard and Mouse input - calls functions in your objects
- Global data - Tie in data objects into Hydroxide, and they're there in all your objects
- Base objects - Use prebuilt objects that include some commonly used methods that speed up development!
- Simple - Stays out of your way, but, abstracts away some things
Fix the indentation! Its off in so many files! This will also get you accuainted with the source code :)
Write a game/demo. The only way we'll find issues is if people use Hydroxide.
Tell your friends (i.e. watch the project). Refer to the point above to find out why.
And, best of all, send pull requests!