Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Polymer Starter Kit 1.2.0 is now out!
🆕 Polymer updates
- Updated to support Polymer 1.2.3
- Updated to use
Polymer.dom()in app.js (more idiomatic)
🛀 Bug fixes
- Fixed a 300ms click delay for menu items on iOS
- Fixed a regression causing the drawer menu to not work in Firefox 38
- Switched to layout mixins for menu items
- Switch tests to use webcomponents-lite
- Remove extraneous tags
- Trimmed CSS bloat in the app-theme.html
🔩 Build process
- Lint all code with JSCS and JSHint
- gulp-cssmin is deprecated. Switched to gulp-minify-css instead
- Use gulp-minify-inline to minimize the elements.vulcanized.html after generation
- Reverted to using Vulcanize over Polybuild. Users required more direct configuration.
- Switch to using dist() in tasks
- Improve stability of image optimisation by disabling caching
This requires no additional tools from us and already has dependencies checked in. You can download this version,
cd app into it and just run
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080 (or with Python 3
python -m http.server 8080), WAMP or another local server setup to get it running.
Intermediate - Advanced users
You will need to run a one-liner to install the Node and Bower dependencies needed once downloaded. We walk you through this in our README.
Updating from 1.x.y to 1.2.0
If you've previously downloaded a copy of the full Starter Kit and would like to update to the latest version, here's a git workflow for doing so:
git init git checkout -b master git add . git commit -m 'Check-in 1.1.1' git remote add upstream https://github.com/polymerelements/polymer-starter-kit.git git fetch upstream git merge upstream/master # resolve the merge conflicts in your editor git add . -u git commit -m 'Updated to 1.2.0'
TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object in task lint
If you see an error like this while running
gulp serve, you may not have correctly copied over the
.jscsrc files needed for linting when extracting/copying Polymer Starter Kit. On Mac, enable showing hidden files, then try extracting/copying Polymer Starter Kit again. This time the extra linting files needed should be visible so you can copy them over without issues.
Thanks! Try 1.2.0 and file bugs!
As always, a huge thank you to our many lovely contributors. If you find anything out of place with this release, please file a bug and we'll take a look at it as soon as possible. We try to ensure PSK works great on all our target devices and are always interested in bug reports to improve this further