Dev repository for https://Pomax.github.io/bezierinfo
Working on the code
- To run this dev version:
npm start, then view in the browser on http://localhost:8080
- To compile for production:
npm run build.
Both operations run continuous linting. Also note that there are specific requirements for development, see the section on dev requirements below.
- Dev repository: https://github.com/Pomax/BezierInfo-2
- Dev preview: https://Pomax.github.io/BezierInfo-2
- XeLaTeX (available through TeXLive on unix/linux/OSX and MiKTeX on Windows)
- pdfcrop (available through TeXLive on unix/linux/OSX and MiKTeX on Windows)
Fonts required for proper LaTeX typesetting
- en-GB LaTeX fonts: TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Pagella Math fonts (installable through TeXLive and MiKTeX)
- ja-JP LaTeX font: IPAex Mincho (installable through TeXLive and MiKTeX)
- zh-CN LaTeX font: Arhpic gbsn (installable through TeXLive and MiKTeX)
All fonts come with TeXLive and MiKTeX, and should be easy to install. Note that you will need the modern OpenType (otf/ttf) fonts, not the obsolete type1 fonts.
Running a build
As mentioned up top, run a build using
npm run build.
If you have all the prerequisites installed, this should "just work", although I can't make any guarantees on how long it will take: on my rather beefy workstation it takes around 85 seconds to run a build for all locales (
ja-JP) when there are no new SVG images to generate.
Main site location
Interested in (helping with) localizing the Primer to your own language? That's awesome! Please read the instructions on how to start localizing and please file issues if anything is unclear.
Interested in the actual architecture and tech stack? Read the blog post on how Webpack's sync processing and MathJAx's async processing were made to work together:
And read about the tech choices made to enable localization in: