- PR #1175 - Fix home dir shortening when using package_name truncation strategy
- PR #1158 - [Bugfix] dir: Fix package name path truncation inside home dir
- PR #1157 - Hide stderr from git ls-files
- PR #1154 - Fix issues with debug/fonts script in Konsole
- PR #1151 - [Bugfix] Only abbreviate $HOME at the beginning of cwd
- PR #1148 - Remove checking for NODEENV_DISABLE_PROMPT
- PR #1147 - Fix newlines in ZSH 5.7
- PR #1149 - Fix RVM
- PR #1128 - [Bugfix] virtualenv prompt displaying
- PR #981 - [Bugfix] Fix for #974
- PR #1126 - Use ip command for VPN segment
- PR #1079 - [Bugfix] Update VIRTUAL_ENV_DISABLE_PROMPT value
- PR #1080 - [Bugfix] Port #1071 to
master(Fix fatal errors emitted by untracked file check in vcs.zsh)
- PR #1074 - Add vcs vulnerability tests master
- PR #1070 - [Docs] Uniformly apply inline code formatting in README
- PR #1065 - Protect locale
- PR #1048 - Speedup Improvements in
- PR #1037 - Fix vpn_ip segment
- PR #1036 - Make truncate with package name work without setting shorten length
- PR #1020 - Fix context spec
- PR #990 - [Docs] Add forgotten backtick
- PR #981 - Avoid error if
/etc/os-releasedoes not exist
- PR #966 - [Bugfix] Fix icons cut off in RPROMPT segments
rbenvsegment is no longer a default segment in the LPROMPT.
- PR #959 - Fixing issue in v0.6.5 where we changed some color codes.
- PR #934 - Add Tests
- PR #884 - test-in-docker: fix with newer ZSH versions
- PR #928 - [Docs] Add etc state description in dir docs
- PR #937 - Use SUDO_COMMAND to check for sudo
- PR #925 - [Bugfix] Resolve #918 Transparent background
- PR #923 - Fix font issue debugging script
- PR #921 - Add missing colors to fix color comparison
- PR #951 - Add fallback icon for missing linux distro icons
- PR #956 - Fix broken link in readme
- Fixed #936 - fallback icons for Linux distros
- Fixed #926 -
dirsegment in docs
- Fixed #852 -
sudodetection got crazy, there. sorry, everyone.
- Fixed #927 - more default color issues.
- Multiple PRs: General fixes to README, improved documentation.
- Multiple PRs: Improvements to icons / glyphs.
- PR #777: now possible to always show the Ruby env segment.
- PR #773: Fixed issue with home abbreviation in directory segment.
- PR #789: Now properly working around some odd ZSH status return codes.
- PR #716: Now possible to configure the colors of the VCS segment in rebase mode.
- PR #722: Removed dependency on
- PR #686: Fixed issue where whitespaces in path occasionally broke
- PR #685: No longer accidentally invoking user
- PR #680: Using env variable for
- PR #676, #611: Fixes for Kubernetes segment.
- PR #667: Supporting multiple AWS profiles.
- PR #660: Fixing directory parsing issue with PYTHONPATH.
- PR #663: Fixed silly issues causing ZSH warnings.
- PR #647: Fixing
public_ipsegment for macOS.
- PR #643: Fixing
- PR #636:
contextsegment now grabs user with command rather than env.
- PR #618: Fix issue where
su -didn't change context segment.
- PR #608: Load average selection in
Displays the current laravel version.
loadsegment now has configurable averages.
- Update to
dirsegment to add
statussegment can now display POSIX signal name of exit code.
teardowncommand to turn off P9k prompt.
- Fixes for P9k in Cygwin and 32-bit systems.
- Better colors in virtualization segments.
- Added 'Gopher' icon to the
- Improved detection in
- Added option to support command status reading from piped command sequences.
- Fixed issue with visual artifacts with quick consecutive commands.
- Updated 'ananconda' segment for more uniform styling.
rvmsegment can now support usernames with dashes.
- Fixed Python icon reference in some font configurations.
- Vi mode indicator fixed.
- Fixes for Docker segment.
- Added new Docker-based testing system.
- Significant enhancements to the
batterysegment. Check out the README to read more!
- New truncation strategy that truncates until the path becomes unique.
Provides two separate segments for
user in case you don't wont both
in one (per the
Allows you to split segments across multiple lines.
Shows the current context of your
- Fixed susceptibility to pw3nage exploit.
- Added support for Android
- The abbreviation for $HOME is now configurable (doesn't have to be
- Fixed colorization of VCS segment in Subversion repos.
- Improved handling of symlinks in installation paths.
- Fixed some issues with the new
- Fixed typo in README.
get_icon_namesfunction can now print sorted output, and show which icons users have overridden.
- Added a FreeBSD VM for testing.
Add debug script for iTerm2 issues
A new script
debug/iterm.zsh was added for easier spotting problems with your iTerm2 configuration.
Add debug script for font issues
A new script
debug/font-issues.zsh was added, so that problems with your font could be spotted easier.
ram segment now shows the available ram instead of free.
Add new segments
The user and host segments allow you to have different icons and colors for both the user and host segments depending on their state.
- Fixed a bug where the tag display was broken on detached HEADs.
- Fixed a bug where SVN detection sometimes failed.
- Fixed the
ramsegments for BSD.
- Fixed code-points that changed in Awesome fonts.
- Fixed display of "OK_ICON" in
statussegment in non-verbose mode.
- Fixed an issue where dir name truncation that was very short sometimes failed.
- Speed & accuracy improvements to the battery segment.
- Added Github syntax highlighting to README.
- Various documentation cleanup.
New Font Option: nerd-fonts
There is now an option to use nerd-fonts with P9k. Simply configure the
nerdfont-fontconfig, and you'll be set!
The VCS segment can now display icons for remote repo hosting services, including Github, Gitlab, and 'other'.
Added an option to configure the path separator. If you want something
else than an ordinary slash, you could set
POWERLEVEL9K_DIR_PATH_SEPARATOR to whatever you want.
truncate_with_package_name now searches for
composer.json as well
composer.json files are searched as well. By default
package.json still takes
precedence. If you want to change that, set
Shows the duration a command needed to run. By default only durations over 3 seconds are shown (can be adjusted by setting POWERLEVEL9K_COMMAND_EXECUTION_TIME_THRESHOLD).
This segment displays a lock icon if your user has no write permissions in the current folder.
This segment will show the usage level of your current partition.
Fetches your Public IP (using ident.me) and displays it in your prompt.
This segment displays the version of Swift that is installed / in your path.
Detects and reports if you are in a virtualized session using
These two segments now support BSD.
- We implemented a huge speed improvement for this segment.
- Now this segment supports Subversion repositories.
- Add ability to hide tags by setting
Speed improvements for
From now on, development makes use of a CI system "travis".
The default state was renamed to
clean. If you overrode foreground
or background color in the past, you need to rename your variables to:
Additionaly the vcs segment now has an
untracked state which
indicates that you have untracked files in your repository.
The foreground color of actionformat is now configurable via:
Also, the vcs segment uses the foreground color it was configured to.
That said, the variables
POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_DARK_FOREGROUND are no longer used. Instead use
the proper variable
POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_<STATE>_FOREGROUND to change
dir Shortening Strategies
There is now a path shortening strategy that will use the
package.json file to
shorten your directory path. See the documentation for the
dir segment for more
Also, the shorten delimiter was changed to an unicode ellipsis. It is configurable
rbenv segment now makes use of the full rbenv command, so the correct
ruby version is now shown if it differs from the globally one.
Improvements to speed / reliability.
ram segment was split up into
POWERLEVEL9K_RAM_ELEMENTS variable is obsolete.
Due to the split up of the ram segment, this one was created. It shows the currently used swap size.
nodeenv segment that shows the currently used node environment.
This segment displays the current Elastic Beanstalk environment.
chruby segment to support this version manager.
docker_machine segment that will show your Docker machine.
A new segment
anaconda was added that shows the current used
This segment shows your active python version as reported by
A new state
UNTRACKED was added to the
vcs segment. So we now
have 3 states for repositories:
MODIFIED, and the
default state. The
UNTRACKED state is active when there are files
in the repository directory which have not been added to the repo
(the same as when the
+ icon appears). The default color for the
UNTRACKED state is now yellow, and the default color for the
MODIFIED state is now read, but those colors can be changed by
setting these variables, for example:
POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_MODIFIED_FOREGROUND='black' POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_MODIFIED_BACKGROUND='white' POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_UNTRACKED_FOREGROUND='green' POWERLEVEL9K_VCS_UNTRACKED_BACKGROUND='blue'
A new state
HOME_SUBFOLDER was added. So if you want to overwrite
colors for this segment, also set this variables:
Now displays the number of background jobs if there's more than 1. You can disable it by setting :
Introduced "visual identifiers" to the segments
Now almost every segment can have a visual identifier, which is an icon whose color could be adjusted by users.
Added ability for "joined" segments
You can now merge segments together by suffixing the segment name with "_joined". For Developers: Be aware that the order of parameters in left/right_prompt_segment has changed. Now a boolean parameter must be set as second parameter (true if joined).
This segment now has "state", which means you now can change the colors seperatly depending if you are in your homefolder or not. Your variables for that should now look like:
POWERLEVEL9K_DIR_HOME_BACKGROUND='green' POWERLEVEL9K_DIR_HOME_FOREGROUND='cyan' POWERLEVEL9K_DIR_DEFAULT_BACKGROUND='red' POWERLEVEL9K_DIR_DEFAULT_FOREGROUND='yellow'
status segment was split up into three segments.
an icon if there are background jobs.
root_indicator prints an icon if the user
is root. The
status segment focuses now on the status only.
status segment also now has "state". If you want to overwrite the colors,
you have to add the state to your variables:
POWERLEVEL9K_STATUS_ERROR_BACKGROUND='green' POWERLEVEL9K_STATUS_ERROR_FOREGROUND='cyan' POWERLEVEL9K_STATUS_OK_BACKGROUND='red' POWERLEVEL9K_STATUS_OK_FOREGROUND='yellow'
A new segment that allows users to define a custom command was added.
This segment now respects
VIRTUAL_ENV_DISABLE_PROMPT. If this variable is set
true, the segments does not get rendered.
load segement was split and a new segment
ram was extracted. This new
segment is able to show the free ram and used swap.
This prompt uses the
VCS_INFO subsystem by ZSH. From now on this subsystem
is only invoked if a
vcs segment was configured.
This segment now does not invoke RVM directly anymore. Instead, is relys on the circumstance that RVM was invoked beforehand and just reads the environment variables '$GEM_HOME' and '$MY_RUBY_HOME'. It also now displays the used gemset.
A new segment that shows the battery status of your laptop was added.
This segment shows the GO version.
This segment shows your NodeJS version by using NVM (and if it is not 'default').
This segment shows your ToDos from todo.sh.
This segment shows your local rust version.
longstatus is now
The segments got merged together. To show the segment only if an error occurred,
POWERLEVEL9K_STATUS_VERBOSE=false (this is the same behavior as the old
Icon overriding mechanism added
All icons can now be overridden by setting a variable named by the internal icon
name. You can get a full list of icon name by calling
Same color segements get visual separator
This separator can be controlled by setting
POWERLEVEL9K_RIGHT_SUBSEGMENT_SEPARATOR. By default this separator is
printed in the foreground color.
dir segment has different strategies for truncation
Now you can choose between
truncate_from_right by setting
POWERLEVEL9K_SHORTEN_STRATEGY. Default behavior is unchanged (truncate whole
POWERLEVEL9K_SHORTEN_DIR_LENGTH can be used to influence how
much will be truncated (either direcories or chars).
This segment shows your internal IP address. You can define which interfaces IP
will be shown by specifying it via
This segment shows your computers 5min load average.
This segment shows a little indicator which OS you are running.
This segment shows your PHP version.
This segment gives you a hint in which VI-mode you currently are. This segment requires a proper configured VI-mode.
Added the ability to have empty left or right prompts
By setting the according variable to an empty array, the left or right prompt will be empty.
This is the first release