This web application creates an online catalog for some products, where users can browse available products, upvote them, add new products and manage their accounts.
The main features that have currently been implemented are:
- There are models for products and users.
- Users can view list and detail information for products.
- Logged In Users can create, view and upvote models.
- Admin users can create and manage models.
To get this project up and running locally on your computer:
- Set up the Python development environment. I recommend using a Python virtual environment.
- Assuming you have Python setup, run the following commands (if you're on Windows you may use
py -3instead of
pythonto start Python):
pip3 install -r requirements.txt python3 manage.py makemigrations python3 manage.py migrate python3 manage.py collectstatic python3 manage.py createsuperuser # Create a superuser python3 manage.py runserver
- Open a browser to
http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/to open the admin site
- Create a few test products to see the site in action.
- Open tab to
http://127.0.0.1:8000to see the main site, with your new objects.