Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Retrieve feedlist using
feeds_iterationoption to determine position.
- Check if option indicates we are go to retrieve
- Check what the last iteration was from option
- Insure current iteration count is one greater than the last count.
- Check that we are past the last feed.
- Get the feed data from the feedlist by taking what is stored in the
feeds_iterationas the position of the array. (slurp.php:ln190)
- Check that the system has properly notified other actors that we have inside the overall iteration with the
- Check if we are on the last key.
- If we are, we'll need to reset the retrieval process and set the
iterate_going_switchto zero, so no further iteration occurs. We'll also be setting the feed position back to zero.
- If we are not then iterate the
feeds_iterationvariable in order to send the next iteration to the correct location.
- If neither case is true than ... huh? We're going to log it. (slurp.php:ln235)
- Update the
feeds_iterationoption with the new value so the next iteration works.
- If the feed is empty or an error and it isn't the last key, re-call this function to get the next feed.
- If the feed is empty and this is the last feed, set all states ready to reset and return false.
- Take the feed object and transform it into an object containing items we can understand by calling
- Set up the feed CPT
- Check if the feed type is on the Feed CPT by calling
- Get post meta by id to check for feed type. (feeds.php:ln416)
- IF an error is returned or a false is returned pass-through the fail data.
- ELSE return the type.
- Check if the feed's type exists with
get_the_feed_object()to get the object using the correct module function.
- Unlock the process so that the system knows it can go ahead and retrieve another feed.
- Return the translated set of items.
- Attempt to retrieve the feed (ln266)
- If it fails, log it.
- Check for failure states and log
- Check for bad process states and log.
- If all is well, return the Feed as an object.
- Begin the loop to move through each feed item and send it to the database. (feed-items.php:ln321)
- Create each post and add the meta data to post_meta
- Advance Feeds using
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.