Holds the source for the algorithm that used to crack the captcha at VIT University's Academic Portal. Now, they use ReCaptcha by Google. This is how it looked like, earlier.
Related Chrome Extension
Maintained in a seperate repository
Related Blog Post
Present on the DEV website.
Running the Python Script
- Install the PIL Library(Pillow)
pip install pillow
- Enter the Python Directory
- Run the command for the test image
- For a performance measure, run
- For the preprocessing, run the following after deleting all folders execpt downloaded captchas
cd Python/preprocessing python reduce-noise.py python crop_chars.py python character_sort.py python best_chars.py
- Pick a character from the best ones as per the alphanumeric set and rename it after placing in
- Run the following to generate your bitmaps