Document Viewer is a highly customizable document viewer for Android.
Supports the following formats:
- XPS (OpenXPS)
- CBZ (Comic Books, no support for rar compressed CBR)
- FictionBook (fb2)
Collaboration with electronic publication sites and access to online ebook catalogs is allowed by the supported OPDS protocol.
FAQ, information about supported MIME types, and available Intents can be found in the Wiki.
Document Viewer is a fork of the last GPL version of EBookDroid (http://code.google.com/p/ebookdroid/).
We need your support to fix outstanding bugs, join development by forking the project!
NOTE: NDK r14b fails to compile DV - use r15 or r13b. (See #245)
Build with Gradle
- Have Android SDK "tools", "platform-tools", and "build-tools" directories in your PATH (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
- Open the Android SDK Manager (shell command:
Expand the Tools directory and select "Android SDK Build-tools" newest version.
Expand the Extras directory and install "Android Support Repository"
Select everything for the newest SDK
- Export ANDROID_HOME pointing to your Android SDK
- Pull in submodules with
- Build native libraries with
cd document-viewer; ndk-build
cd document-viewer; ndk-build -j8 NDK_DEBUG=1
- From Android Studio: Run -> Debug... to build and install the APK and launch it on the device.
cp src/main/AndroidManifest.xml . # Hack required for ndk-gdb to find everything
Development with Android Studio
- Clone the project from github
- From Android Studio: File -> Import Project -> Select the cloned top folder
- Import project from external model -> choose Gradle
The Document Viewer Fontpack is no longer supported. Our MuPDF patches to support this no longer apply cleanly, so support for the font pack was dropped.
Document Viewer is licensed under the GPLv3+.
The file LICENSE includes the full license text.
Document Viewer is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Document Viewer is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Document Viewer. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Color Picker by Daniel Nilsson
Apache License v2
MuPDF - a lightweight PDF, EPUB, CBZ and XPS viewer
djvu - a lightweight DJVU viewer based on DjVuLibre
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike licence 3.0