This bug fix releases addresses a number of smaller issues and regressions, adds four new translations and includes updated libraries. Links in pastes now by default open in a new browser tab or window. The project information text and link is now a configuration option.
Benefits of switching to the new release
We recommend to upgrade 1.3.x instances to address these issues.
We also offer a Docker container that includes the recommended secure setup with the non-essential files and data outside of the web servers document root.
If you have enabled the
fileupload setting and use a custom
cspheader, please consider adding
allow-downloads to the
sandbox property. This lets users of the Google Chrome browser, version 83 or higher, download attachments - inline display of images, media or PDFs files was not affected by this change in Chrome's sandbox behaviour.
Changes since version 1.3.4
- ADDED: Translation for Hebrew, Lithuanian, Indonesian and Catalan
- ADDED: Make the project info configurable (#681)
- CHANGED: Upgrading libraries to: DOMpurify 2.2.7, kjua 0.9.0 & random_compat 2.0.18
- CHANGED: Open all links in new window (#630)
- FIXED: PDF display in Firefox (#630)
- FIXED: Allow pasting into password input dialog (#630)
- FIXED: Display of expiration date in email (#630)
- FIXED: Allow display of durations in weeks (#630)
- FIXED: Avoid exposing burn-after-reading messages from cache (#630)
- FIXED: Only display the dropzone when it should (#630)
- FIXED: Detect delete token properly (#630)
- FIXED: Sanitize output from
- FIXED: Avoid recreation of existing pasteurl element when calling URL shortener (#630)
- FIXED: Downloads in Chrome >= 83 (#634)
- FIXED: Display of empty files (#663)
- FIXED: Improve OpenGraph attributes (#651)
- FIXED: Reset to configured burn-after-reading, discussion and expiration settings (#682)
- FIXED: Italic segment of project information (#756)
More details about the plans for future releases and on how you can help the project achieve them, can be found in the PrivateBin version 1.3.5 release announcements.