This Is Archived. New one under development!
This project is abandoned because of core design faults. There are some features that cannot be implemented becuase the logic is a bit faulty for what I had in mind. There are also some big improvements to make which can be made easily in the new repository for this project. Right now this will be archived and not removed, for showcase purposes. No new improvements for this repository. This was so fun. I loved every moment of spending my time on this and bought back a lot of memories about making winforms applications before I started my university degree.
I hope this archive helps someone learning about Windows API and how some features work, for example querying search indexer easily and extracting file information from results. Some other stuff too.
What I enjoyed most?
I enjoyed optimizing the visual fade effects more than anything because they were random lol. Everytime I debugged the application, I would feel my own disgust at the copy pasted algorithm for fade effects. Then finally I decided to not be a skid and improve it. It was more than anything else because it cured my frustration withing hours of coding a better algorithm. I would love if someone responded to those StackOverflow questions about "fade effect in vb.net/c#" with fading effects here. I know there are programmers who have made more optimized versions, but would be nice to not see the same code copied everywhere in most of the blogs and forum posts.
This is an anti-malware application made in VB.NET. All the hashes are collected from Virus Share Website. Currently under development.
Test It Out
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Visual Studio (for source view/testing)
- Python 3x
- Clone or Download
- Goto: Prohack-Security-Lite\ProHack Security Lite\bin\Debug (bin\Debug folder)
- Create empty file named: "FIRST_TIME" (without quotes and extension) - This is to auto start the easy installer for dependencies
- Run: ProHack Security Lite.exe
Non-Newbs will have Visual Studio, .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed and Python 3x installed. Follow the steps for newbs leaving out the 3rd part.
- Quick Scan [ Done > Improving ]
- Deep Scan [ Done > Improving ]
- Custom Scan [ Done > Completed ]
- Python support [ Partially Done ]
- Real Time Scan [ To Start ]
- MalwareDB Update [ To Start ]
- WebUtils [ To Start ]
- Tools [ To Start ]
The following features have been completed. They may need further improvements.
- [+] Gather files based on 100+ common file extensions
- [+] Queriy Windows Search Indexer for file list
- [+] Gather MD5 file signature for each file in query results
- [+] Compare with malware signatures
- [+] Gather system file list using Python
- [+] Scan against malware signatures
Choose file(s) and scan. Very simple and no extra features (becuase this is LITE version)
- [+] Choose file(s)
- [+] Scan againt malware signatures
Scheduled Indexer Query
- [+] Automatic background Windows Search Indexer querying every minute
- [+] Added error management incase a scan is currently taking place
Error Reporting & Message
Default messagebox was lacking needed features, so a quick custom form was made for displaying message and errors.
- [+] Generate small report for emailing: To minimize data collection scope, automatic reporting may not planned..
- [+] Refresh application: Starts the updater to download the application again (to be used incase critical application error or files missing/deleted by mistake).
- Webutils, Tools
- Malware Signatures updater
- Create powershell support scripts (last priority)
- Create gui python package installer (last priority)
(1) = Urgent (2) = To complete after urgent tasks (3) = Not urgent, but last to do in the FIFO list
Items in this section are to be made/fixed before doing anything else, hence FirstInFirstOut order of development:
- Malware signature updater (1) [core]
- Scheduler for malware signature updater (1) [core]
- Common scan engine for 'VirusShare-DB' and 'ClamAV-DB' support (2) [core]
- Fix python file lister script (3) [bug]
- Let starter.bat start the .NET 4.7.2 installer on first time use, then open Easy Installer (3) [bug]
Once the current to-do items are completed, the project will begin release cycles with version controls starting from v220.127.116.11 for both application and updater. Different branches will be created for each sub-project development.
MIT License Copyright (c) 2019 prohack.tech Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Fork the repository
Make Improvements, Fix Bugs, Add Features, Add utilities
Push changes to your forked repository
Send a pull request to main project
Suggest code changes
Goto: Issues and create a new issue.
To submit bug reports/suggestions and other help, goto: Issues and create a new issue.