Demo ASP.NET web app for CS95N at LCC
This project demonstrates a Web API and Client. There are three Projects:
- AsyncDemo.Mac - Uses a SQLite database
- AsyncDemo.Win - Uses SQL Express LocalDB
- The wwwroot folder contains a web client for the web service.
Both projects present a REST/JSON Web API for managing a database of movie data. These are the endpoints (HTTP Verb, URL)
- GET, baseURL/api/movie - returns an array of movie objects
- GET, baseURL/api/movie/id - returns a movie object with the give id (an integer)
- POST, baseURL/api/movie - adds a movie to the database
- PUT, baseURL/api/movie - updates a movie in the database
- DELETE, baseURL/api/movie/id - removes a movie from the database
Note: This app is just one app in the class demo repository. To get the source code for this app you will need to clone or download the whole repository.
I wrote this app for use with CS295N, Web Development 1:ASP.NET, a class I teach at Lane Community College.
My blog: https://birdsbits.wordpress.com