Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to install
Upload and permissions
- Download the zip file or git clone the project into your webspace
- Create a database in MySQL and a user with all privileges.
- Make sure that the directory 'config' is writeable
- Make sure that the directory 'logs' is writeable
- Navigate to http://<yoursite.com>/install/install_programo.php
- Fill in the form
- Press 'Save'
- Check that the file global_config.php has been written to the 'config' directory. (If it hasn't, check the privileges on the config directory and run install_programo.php again).
- Delete the 'install' folder
- Secure the config directory and make sure that is it not writeable
Administer the chatbot
- Navigate to http://<yoursite.com/admin/ and enter the admin username and password you entered during install.
- Login and update your bot
- Add your bot personality
- Upload your AIML files. (You can grab the AIML files from here https://github.com/fastcoding/aiml-en-us-foundation-alice.v1-6)
- For a quick test upload the salutations.aiml file.
- Navigate to http://<yoursite.com> and type 'Hello'.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.