A mod for the H2EK that aims to restore use of existing broken or otherwise disabled functionality, fix bugs/crashes, and add new features or re-add removed ones.
- Real-time tag editing (experimental)
- Increased FPS in Sapien (hardware TCL/vertex processing)
- Unit playtest mode. Spawns a player letting you test how something would work with one/seeing the map from an in-game point of view. (no movement)
- Some H2tool commands restored. (model-collision, model-physics)
- Basic render model import method (BSP conversion)
- Shared tag removal made optional.
- Restored JMS import function. Can import both CE JMS and JMSv2
- Tag restrictions removed in Guerilla
- Some hardcoded limits have been increased/removed. (BSP 2D checks, BSP 3D checks, max 3D BSP depth)
- Open as text has been restored and will open a temp txt file with the source text inside. Buttons labeled as "open as text" have been relabeled as "export as text".
- Baggage.txt command now usable and no longer causes a crash.
- Hs_doc added to Sapien and Guerilla drop down menu. Modified to include script globals.
- New input box for commands in Sapien to replace console. Allows copy and paste.
- New command that allows use of lost misc commands. See extra-commands in H2Codez manual.
- Rich Presence has been added to the toolset. (Discord integration)
- Allows compiling of scenario types other than multiplayer.
- Support editing larger scripts.
- Add "New Instance" menu item to Guerilla and Sapien.
- Removed limitation on multiple Sapien instances.
- Added copy (ctrl + c), paste (ctrl + v) and clear (delete) support to Sapien console, paste replaces the whole line.
- Add configurable console history size.
- Add back support for the following HS types
- AI behaviour
- AI orders
- AI (starting locations referenced by block index)
- Point reference
- Style (internal ID only)
- Navpoint (internal ID only)
- AI command list (internal ID only)
- HUD message (internal ID only)
- Use default OS style for file/folder selection dialog.
- In-game display settings option in Sapien.
- Custom director speed.
- Some misc changes and fixes.
- Install Microsoft .net framework 4.
- Install the mapping toolkit from the DVD.
- Download the launcher.
- Copy the launcher to the mapping toolkit install directory (optional).
- Run the launcher, elevate to admin privledges if prompted.
Contributions are welcome, MSVC 2015 is currently used to build release DLLs, and is therefore the recommended IDE. If you are not sure what you want to work on take a look at the bug tracker.
- Clone and build the MSVC solution, if the toolkit is installed in an unusual location you might need to change the output directory.
- Follow the steps listed under installation to get patched exes or manually inject H2Codez.dll into the process at startup.
- Report issues on the bug tracker, please include an explanation of how you caused the issue.
- If the issue in question causes a crash, a minidump should be generated, hang on to it as it might be needed to fix rare bugs.
- If in doubt about including a detail, include it as more details about a bug make it easier to understand and fix.
H2PC Project Cartographer Team
Project Cartographer Repo: https://github.com/PermaNulled/cartographer
Our Discord: https://www.discord.gg/fqgj44m
Hope to see you in-game :)
- Kornman00 for his research in this field years ago as part of OpenSauce, which has helped a lot with this project.
- General-101, Dual_Obliteration, Ling Ling, Twinreaper and others, for testing the patches and suggesting new ones.
- Cyboryxmen for his modified JMS export script known as Waltzstreet
- TheGhost/CtrlAltDestroy for the modified JMS exporter known as JMS_Exporter_v1-0-3
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.