The Project Sidewalk webpage.
Setting up the development environment
- Install JDK 7 (or above), Scala, and
activatoron your computer. See detailed instructions for installing Scala environment here.
- Install Node.js. See detailed instructions here.
- On the top directory, run
- Set up the Postgres database by folloing the tutorial. See detailed instructions on installing the Postgres database here.
Running the Application Locally
To run the web server locally,
- Make sure the Postgres is running locally on port 5432
activator runon the top directory where
build.sbtis located. This should start the web server. Note that the first time compilation takes time.
To do this, run
grunt watchis not responding, you can run
grunt concat_cssto build the files.
Running the Application Remotely
To run the application remotely,
- Use Play's dist tool to create jar files of the project (i,e.,
activator dist): https://www.playframework.com/documentation/2.3.x/ProductionDist
- Upload the zip file to the web server
- SSH into the server and unarchive the zip file (e.g.,
nohup bin/sidewalk-webpage -Dhttp.port=9000 &(reference). Sometimes the application tells you that port 9000 (i.e., default port for a Play app) is taken. To kill an application that is occupying the port, first identify pid with the netstat command
netstat -tulpn | grep :9000and then use the