Terminal Blues: A POWDER Tileset in CP437
The Hacklike reimagined in a deep blue terminal aesthetic. Featuring:
- Terrain, monsters and items are entirely within Code Page 437 (/Extended ASCII/ANSI/etc.)^1
- (??? Heresy) Spell icons completely in 14px pixel-art
- Custom fonts: A very red Brass, plus two new fonts: Blightbulb and Eclipse!
- Questionable colourblind support
Download latest release: 1.1.1 (2020-09-27)
Master: Tileset is contained within
Terminal Blues comes with a few variants:
blues: The regular Terminal Blues experience.
true_blues: The three Guardians of the True Blue, who attempt to aid those with colour deficiencies. Please do give feedback.
protea: The guardian of the long cones (protanopia).
deutzia: The guardian of the medium cones (deuteranopia).
tritoma: The guardian of the short cones (tritanopia).
Windows, Linux, Mac:
- Create a
gfx/subdirectory inside your POWDER installation, and move the
.bmps of the desired variant there. The
.bmpfiles should be directly in
gfx/, not in a subdirectory thereof.
- Optional features: Override in
equipment: Will display worn equipment on the @ tile.
extra_alphabets(Extra download): Rename desired alphabets to one of the regular alphabet names and override.
- Within POWDER, go to Options > Tiles > From Disk.
- To change the font, head to Options > Fonts.
- Same instructions as above, to the
DATA/POWDER/gfx/directory on the root of your flash cartridge.
- On startup it should report detecting the tileset, and a new menu option should show up.
Gameboy Advance: From Jeff Lait,
The splicebmp program was used to patch a POWDER ROM with these tiles. It is no longer supported. GBA users that want a new tileset need to recompile from scratch.
Other Versions: You'll need to compile the game with this tileset included.
Under Siege (Blightbulb font)
The Big B (Extra Minecraft font)
Spelling Reformed (1.1.0)
rEkkkT? (Eclipse font)
Palettes (from left): Blues v1.1b6, Protea v0.07, Deutzia v0.02, Tritoma v0.02
Whether for feedback or for a simple Internet hug, these are the available methods of arcane communication:
Terminal Bluestileset is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0.
- Base fonts (alphabets):
classicwere derived by Markus Maier from the window's (sic) console font, licensed under CC-BY 3.0.
shadowwas created by Markus Maier, licensed under CC-BY 3.0.
heavywere created by PropFeds, and are unlicensed.
- Extra fonts (alphabets): Credit goes to their respective designers.
cheepicuswas created by Cheepicus.
ibm_cga_thinwas created by IBM.
minecraftwas created by JD Graphics.
msxwas derived by Zaratustra from the MSX computers.
textmachine_handwritingwas created by Polyducks, licensed under CSL. Link
table_persistencewas created by Gerhard Roethlin, licensed under MIT.
- Every other script is unlicensed.
- Some items have custom textures for ease of identification. Heresy.