DistrictBuilder Public Roadmap
In this repository, you can find the official DistrictBuilder public product roadmap. Our product roadmap is where you can learn about what features we're working on, what stage they're in, and when we expect to bring them to you. Have any questions or comments about items on the roadmap? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide to the roadmap
Every item on the roadmap is an issue in this repository. The issue description contains details on the prospective feature.
The roadmap is arranged on a project board to give a sense for how far out each item is on the horizon. Every item is added to a particular project board column according to the quarter in which it is expected to ship next. Be sure to read the disclaimer below since the roadmap is subject to change, especially further out on the timeline. You'll also find a Future column for when no timeframe is yet available.
Each issue is labeled with the feature area to which it belongs. The following is a list of our current feature areas:
- drawing: District drawing and map features
- metric-reporting: Metrics used to evaluate district maps and features that summarize or report metrics or scores
- organizations: Features for organizations and groups of mappers
- data: Geographic, demographic, or political data provided for district building
- user-accounts: Features that support user accounts
- community-sharing: Community and social features, and district map sharing features
- ecosystem: Ecosystem and API features
- other: Other features
Each issue is labeled with the stage of development the feature is in. Each feature generally goes through the following stages in this order:
- idea: A feature still in the idea stage, before any planning or development work
- planning: A feature undergoing discovery, planning, or design before development can occur
- development: A feature under active development (currently being built)
- testing: A feature that is mostly developed and is being tested
- pending-release: A feature that is ready to be released, and is pending deployment to production
Any statement in this repository that is not purely historical is considered a forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements included in this repository are based on information available to the Public Mapping Project as of the date they are made, and the Public Mapping Projects assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking product roadmap does not represent a commitment, guarantee, obligation or promise to deliver any product or feature, or to deliver any product and feature by any particular date, and is intended to outline the general development plans. Customers should not rely on this roadmap to make any purchasing decision.