Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Differences between i2pd and Java I2P router
While Java I2P is the original client for the I2P network, i2pd has some big differences and advantages:
- Java I2P has built-in applications for torrents, e-mail and so on, which some may regard has bloat. i2pd is just a router which you can use with other software through the I2CP interface.
- i2pd does not require Java. It's written in C++.
- i2pd consumes less memory and CPU.
- i2pd can be compiled for any device GCC or clang supports (including Raspberry and routers).
- i2pd has some major optimizations for faster cryptography which leads to less consumption of processor time and energy.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.