This is the pushjet android client. It currently uses google GCM to send and receive messages. This means that any message that is directed at the android client will go through google. The client is licensed under BSD 2 clause just like the rest of the project.
The permissions used by Pushjet might seem a bit broad but they all have a reason:
- Read phone status and identity:
- This is needed to generate the device uuid that authenticates the device with the server.
- Take pictures and videos:
- This is needed to make sure we can scan QR codes to register new services.
- Control flashlight/vibration and prevent phone from sleeping:
- This makes sure we can receive notifications.