It covers the full API (except recent additions, see "What's missing" bellow), and all methods are tested against the real Github site.
Should you have any question, any remark, or if you find a bug, or if there is something you can do with the API but not with PyGithub, please open an issue.
PyGithub is stable. I will maintain it up to date with the API, and fix bugs if any, but I don't plan new heavy developments.
Thank you, dear stargazers!
Starting today (September 05th, 2013), we now need more than 8 bits to store the number of stargazers! Thank you so much!
Version 1.19.0 (September 8th, 2013) (AKFish's edition)
- Implement conditional requests by the method
GithubObject.update. Thank you very much akfish for the pull request and your collaboration!
- Implement persistence of PyGithub objects:
Github.load. Don't forget to
updateyour objects after loading them, it won't decrease your rate limiting quota if nothing has changed. Again, thank you akfish
Github.get_reposto get all public repositories
Github.get_api_status_messages. Thank you ruxandraburtica for asking
- Add many missing attributes
- Technical change: HTTP headers are now stored in retrieved objects. This is a base for new functionalities. Thank you akfish for the pull request
- Use the new URL to fork gists (minor change)
- Use the new URL to test hooks (minor change)
We now have automated ways to list URLs documented in the reference of Github API v3 and not covered by PyGithub.
Github API v3 URLs not (yet) covered by PyGithub
All the documentation is here: http://jacquev6.github.com/PyGithub.