HOW TO: Update the game database
IMPORTANT: While the database is updating, Pyfa will become unresponsive, this is normal. Do not try and use the database while it's updating (such as running a second instance of Pyfa). This will cause the DB update to fail.
To update the database from Tranquility
- Launch Pyfa.
- Open the
Preferenceswindow and navigate to
Database. Verify that the
Game Databasefield correctly displays the database name specified in step 3.
- Adjust the database update settings as desired. With the default settings, it will typically take 15-20 minutes to update the database (depending on many factors including network and computer speed). If you enable importing more items, the time will go up drastically.
- Wait while the database updates. When the database update is complete, it will prompt you to restart Pyfa and close the application.
To update the database from SiSi
It is recommended to make a copy of your existing TQ database so you do not overwrite TQ data. For this example, we will be setting this up to download SiSi data, but this can be done for other data sources as well (if they exist).
- Open the directory where Pyfa is running from.
- Create a copy of the existing game database
eve.dband name it
- Create a shortcut of the Pyfa executable and in the target box after
--gamedatabasename eve_sisi.db --esiurl https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/swagger.json?datasource=singularity(outside the quotes)
- Launch Pyfa using the shortcut created (or via command line).
- Follow the steps above listed for updating the database for Tranquility.
- Wait while the database updates. When the database update is complete, it will prompt you to restart Pyfa and close the application. Remember to restart using the shortcut created in step 3.