Pylons on Jython
Pylons supports Jython as of v0.9.7.
The installation process is the same as CPython, as described in :ref:`getting_started`. At least Jython 2.5b2 is required.
Deploying to Java Web servers
Creating .wars with snakefight
First, install snakefight:
$ easy_install snakefight
This adds an additional command to distutils: :command:`bdist_war`.
Pylons applications are loaded from Paste, via its
point and a Paste style configuration file. :command:`bdist_war` knows how to
setup Paste apps for deployment when specified the :option:`--paste-config`
$ paster make-config MyApp production.ini $ jython setup.py bdist_war --paste-config production.ini
As with any distutils command the preferred options can instead be added to the :file:`setup.cfg` in the root directory of the project:
[bdist_war] paste-config = production.ini
Then we can simply run:
$ jython setup.py bdist_war
- Jython's :file:`jar` files in :file:`WEB-INF/lib`
- Jython's stdlib in :file:`WEB-INF/lib-python`
- Your application's required eggs in :file:`WEB-INF/lib-python`
With the :option:`--paste-config` option, it also:
- Creates a simple loader for the application/config
- Generates a :file:`web.xml` deployment descriptor configuring modjy to load the application with the simple loader
For further information/usages, see snakefight's documentation.