The Pylons Project Documentation
- pyramid documentation
- pyramid_beaker, beaker session backend plug-in
- pyramid_jinja2, Jinja2 template renderer for pyramid
- pyramid_xmlrpc, XML-RPC add-on for pyramid
Development questions related to Pylons projects can be discussed on the pylons-devel mail list.
On IRC, Pylons developers are generally available on the
on the Freenode IRC Network.
Using Support Wisely
Before asking a technical question on the maillist(s) or in IRC, please make sure to try the following things (paraphrased from Before You Ask):
- Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
- Try to find an answer by searching the maillist archives.
- Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
- Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
- If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.
After exhausing these avenues, it's completely appropriate to ask a question on the Pylons-devel maillist or #pylons IRC channel. When you ask your question, please describe what you've learned from the efforts above, as it will help the developers focus on answering your question quickly. It also helps tremendously if you are able to provide a code or configuration snippet that makes the problem easily repeatable.
For Pylons users coming from Pylons 1 or repoze.bfg the change to a new core package might raise some questions regarding how to proceed, what it means for existing applications.
The Pylons Project welcomes contributors. Please read the following documentation about how the Pylons Project functions, coding styles expected for contributions, and the community standards we expect everyone to abide by.
Don't worry, none of these are actually true. We swear!