"All Hands" Tasks (good for beginners)
- Create a site which showcases existing Pyramid/Pylons-powered websites.
- Change licenses for all Pylons projects to 2-clause BSD or MIT equivalent (from RPL)
- edit and reorganize cookbook at https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_cookbook
- Debug toolbar screencast
- Pyramid tutorial screencast
- Do a tutorial walk-thru and identify hard to follow parts and suggest fixes
- PDB Tutorial
- Add better docs about how Python packages relate to Python modules.
- SEO optimization for Pyramid docs
- content population for http://pyramid.opencomparison.org/
- Tutorial or cookbook recipe for how to work with Pyramid in PyCharm
- Create docs for people coming from web framework X and presenting them which tools are closer to what they already know.
Focused tasks (require specific knowledge or context)
- General bugfixing of all Pylons Project packages: https://github.com/organizations/Pylons/dashboard/issues/repos?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open
- X-platform (Win/UNIX/py2/py3/pypy) session storage
- Make it easier to debug i18n problems
- Fix tox to cope with the ability to test distributions that have namespace package dependencies (e..g.
- allow better extension support for debugtoolbar
- web-enabled interactive debugger ala pdb as toolbar extension (pie in sky)
- pretty up debugger toolbar
- add warning messages to old versions of documentation and link to latest release
- factor mako and chameleon templating bindings into external packages (Carlos and Reed did some of this at PyCon 2012).
- generate colander/deform schemas from sqlalchemy models (admin interface) https://github.com/Themanwithoutaplan/pyramid_debugtoolbar/wiki/Generate-colander-deform-schemas-from-sqlalchemy-models-(admin-interface)
- refactor beaker to remove the crappy container implementation and use dogpile instead. Implement dogpile extensions for back-end specific locking to replace the horrible back-end container stuff.
- work on Substance D application server (https://github.com/Pylons/substanced)
- Come up with formalized (think "math-formalized", not "IEEE-formalized") description of how Pyramid view lookup works so we can figure out how to speed it up
- Figure out how to speed up route matching
- Tools for configuring and managing pyramid apps w/ zookeeper
- Allow debug toolbar to work with REST-only servers that never serve HTML pages