Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
"All Hands" Tasks (good for beginners)
- Create a site which showcases existing Pyramid/Pylons-powered websites.
- Change licenses for all Pylons projects to 2-clause BSD or MIT equivalent (from RPL)
- edit and reorganize cookbook at https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_cookbook
- Debug toolbar screencast
- Pyramid tutorial screencast
- Do a tutorial walk-thru and identify hard to follow parts and suggest fixes
- PDB Tutorial
- Add better docs about how Python packages relate to Python modules.
- SEO optimization for Pyramid docs
- content population for http://pyramid.opencomparison.org/
- Tutorial or cookbook recipe for how to work with Pyramid in PyCharm
- Create docs for people coming from web framework X and presenting them which tools are closer to what they already know.
Focused tasks (require specific knowledge or context)
- General bugfixing of all Pylons Project packages: https://github.com/organizations/Pylons/dashboard/issues/repos?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open
- X-platform (Win/UNIX/py2/py3/pypy) session storage
- Make it easier to debug i18n problems
- Fix tox to cope with the ability to test distributions that have namespace package dependencies (e..g. "transaction").
- allow better extension support for debugtoolbar
- web-enabled interactive debugger ala pdb as toolbar extension (pie in sky)
- pretty up debugger toolbar
- add warning messages to old versions of documentation and link to latest release
- factor mako and chameleon templating bindings into external packages (Carlos and Reed did some of this at PyCon 2012).
- generate colander/deform schemas from sqlalchemy models (admin interface) https://github.com/Themanwithoutaplan/pyramid_debugtoolbar/wiki/Generate-colander-deform-schemas-from-sqlalchemy-models-(admin-interface)
- refactor beaker to remove the crappy container implementation and use dogpile instead. Implement dogpile extensions for back-end specific locking to replace the horrible back-end container stuff.
- work on Substance D application server (https://github.com/Pylons/substanced)
- Come up with formalized (think "math-formalized", not "IEEE-formalized") description of how Pyramid view lookup works so we can figure out how to speed it up
- Figure out how to speed up route matching
- Tools for configuring and managing pyramid apps w/ zookeeper
- Allow debug toolbar to work with REST-only servers that never serve HTML pages
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.