Creating a Custom UX for Pyramid
In this series of steps we build the essence of the user experience (UX) with placeholders for the logic and data.
- Simplest possible Pyramid screen
- Using unit tests and WebTest to speed up development
- Templating with Chameleon and ZPT
- Using macros and "layouts" for templating productivity
- Static resources
- AJAX via the JSON renderer
Many projects have a certain workflow, starting with a customer who usually needs to see something in order to understand and agree. Usually the "UI person" on the team iterates at this point, gets a working prototype in place, then the logic gets filled in.
This tutorial models such a workflow. In this first section, we show how a human, without deep Pyramid architectural knowledge, can make a working prototype of the various screens in Projector.