- Public repository on MIDAS: http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/folder/1880
- Hangout minutes: https://github.com/QIICR/ProjectIssuesAndWiki/wiki/Events-Bi-Weekly-Hangouts
Our broad objective is to develop and disseminate interoperable image informatics platform for quantitative imaging biomarker discovery. This platform will enable archival, organization, retrieval, dissemination of the data produced by the novel analysis tools and performance evaluation of quantitative imaging based biomarkers of cancer and treatment response.
QIICR functionality will be defined by the needs of the active research projects within the NCI Quantitative Imaging Network (QIN) in 3 driving biological projects (DBPs) studying quantitative imaging biomarker development for treatment response assessment in the following diseases:
- prostate adenocarcinoma, BWH QIN project
- head and neck cancer, Iowa QIN project
- glioblastoma multiforme, MGH QIN project
The infrastructure will be based on 3D Slicer, an NIH funded free open source platform for image analysis and visualization, and will explore the use of the DICOM standard for organization and communication of the quantitative image analysis research results. The specific goals of Quantitative Image Informatics for Cancer Research (QIICR) project are to
- Develop software tools encapsulating analysis and data organization workflows for image-based treatment response assessment in cancer research projects.
- Implement support for interoperable open formats accepted in the community to enable dissemination and sharing of the analysis results.
- Develop interfaces to community cancer imaging repositories to enable archival and discovery of the analysis results.