Communication Channels & Support
Clone this wiki locally
If you need support on anything relating to using and developing Qiskit you can use the following forums to direct your issue/queries to the appropriate audience.
Always remember to check first if your question/issue has been addressed already in one of these forums
If you have found a bug or would like to request a feature you can open an issue in the appropriate repository.
You can join the Qiskit Slack workspace here.
If you are not sure where to ask a specific question, use #qiskit-101, which is also the good place for newcomers with introductory questions. You can also search in all the channels with the searching tool.
Channels for general questions on implementation:
Channels for contributing to Qiskit development:
- #qiskit-dev - for discussions on the development of Qiskit (architecture, roadmap etc.)
- #qiskit-pr-help - for support on making PRs to any Qiskit repos
Share what your own content:
- #qiskitters - created some Qiskit-related content? Share it!
- #textbook-projects - Discuss, get help with, and collaborate on personal projects inspired by the Qiskit Textbook!
For news about events:
To organize in-person events or just to meet people in your own geography or language:
For quantum-computing in general:
- #quantum-papers - News and discussion on Quantum computing papers
- #quantum-optics - Quantum optics, cavity, and circuit QED
Social and off-topics:
Qiskit Office Hours
Twice a month a core maintainer will be hosting a 1hr webex session where anyone contributing to Qiskit development can drop in if they need support on a Qiskit GitHub issue. If you’re stuck, have a question or need help with a review come along and we’ll be happy to help you!
- 2nd Monday of every month 1pm UTC, join here: https://ibm.webex.com/ibm/j.php?MTID=m030a547aa4a06c3d97b18ea0d8212cf3
- 4th Monday of every month 5pm UTC, join here: https://ibm.webex.com/ibm/j.php?MTID=mb9739f8b9441ef15e084b5824c0bdf7d
Qiskit News & Content
Regular Open Source Meetups/Events
You can check out our calendar of regular open-source events (such as Office Hours and DemoDays) as well as other Qiskit events here. You can also sync this calendar with your preferred calendar app using this link: https://qisk.it/calendar-sync
These forums are monitored by Qiskit developers and advocates, but they do not belong to Qiskit or IBM Quantum. As such, they have their own rules and code of conducts.
- Quantum Computing Stack Exchange - for questions on specific Qiskit implementation or general quantum computing. Read about what topics are suitable for this forum here and use the corresponding tag.
Stack Overflow - for questions that are more related with programming issues (eg. qiskit module is not installable). Use the tag
Want to leave anonymous feedback about your experience using Qiskit and/or interacting with the community? You can give us your feedback at qisk.it/feedback. If you prefer e-email, hello-at-qiskit.org .